Why now is the time for a career in Compliance
As you ponder your first career step there has never been a better time to consider compliance than today.
There are at least 5 good reasons:
- Profile and exposure to decision makers – as a compliance and risk professional you will very quickly have the ear of senior decision makers within your employer and directly with clients. Used appropriately something you will learn very quickly form choosing the right training programme, you can make your mark as somebody that highlights the risks within the business but equally shows how, done properly, the business can be successful.
- Critical roles and responsibility – compliance and anti-money laundering roles are prescribed, that is to say that your licensed employer needs to have suitable individuals fulfilling these roles.
- Compliance and risk roles are future proofed; whilst technology will increasingly feature within these areas, this simply enables the more mundane elements of compliance to be done by artificial intelligence driven platforms, allowing individuals such as yourself to provide the value added advice that will for many years to come be difficult for computers to deliver.
- As a consultant in businesses such as Aspida, where you are supporting a small portfolio of varied clients and tasks from investment to fiduciary, insurance to banking you have the added benefit of avoiding some of the more mundane elements that might come from working within a single business.
- In addition, compliance roles can be suited to individuals with non-traditional backgrounds.
Here at Aspida Group, we recognised the importance of ensuring trainees receive the right background and start in their career with the introduction of our Trainee Development Programme to give individuals the opportunity to develop both their technical skills and focus in their personal development in the wider business arena.
Visit the Aspida careers pages for more information
“It’s been a good first year working closely with the senior team members who have been in the field for a long time. I’m looking forward to continuing my development and taking on more responsibility in my new role” – 2nd year trainee, Dan Radford.
Recent joiner to the team, Eve Bott, added “I have really enjoyed my time here so far and look forward to expanding my knowledge within the compliance as I progress further within this field and I am excited to see where this career can take me in the future”.
The Importance of NextGen Leaders and todays Business Model
The Guernsey Finance Industry update on the 19th January gave a very loud and clear message that Guernsey is obtaining good international engagement and is very much ‘open for business’.
Aspida Group celebrate the graduation of the first trainees
Aspida Group celebrate the graduation of the first trainees of our groundbreaking Advisory Trainee Programme as Blaine and Dan are busy planning for their 4 …
Aspida Sponsors IoD Director Development Series for the Second Year
The Guernsey branch of the Institute of Directors (IoD) continues its members-only director development series, sponsored by Aspida Advisory Services, for a second year. After …