At Aspida we are especially proud of our commitment to the personal support and professional development of our staff. Being a smaller, local, independently run Company with friendly and approachable staff, we really can take the time to be flexible and tailor each trainees personal experience within the programme.
Our 3 year trainee programme was established to find and nurture our next generation of consultants which could lead to a career in Compliance, Cyber Resilience, Risk and Assurance, Governance, IT or ESG.
The talented, personable and enthusiastic individuals entering our programme are offered top quality training as well as access to some leading local professionals, providing a breadth of learning and development opportunities that are not typically available within the finance world.
As a leading provider of advisory services, we recognise the growing demand for quality professionals in a constantly developing and increasingly high profile field and our aim is to deliver a training programme that becomes renowned for the excellence of its ‘graduates’.
There are many benefits in joining our trainee programme, but we would like to share a perspective from Jezaia van der Watt who is in his 2nd year of the Trainee Programme as he talks about one of the most important and exciting benefits for him in being a part of the programme Is combining his passions with his day to day working life.
“Prior to joining Aspida I was struggling to find a role locally that could utilise my engineering skills. Having completed my secondary education, I found myself taking part-time roles in the retail sector. The Trainee Programme at Aspida has empowered me to apply my engineering background and particularly my interest in AI and bringing automation to the work place. Part of my role is to be immersed in the rapidly changing world of AI and related topics. I get to research new technology, and learn how to use software such as our cutting edge GRC software Resolver, which pushes the boundaries of the industries’ standard for compliance and risk management. I find joy in knowing, that the successful projects I complete, will end up saving people’s time, making many of their work processes easier (And therefore my productivity increases “their” productivity).”
Our other main benefits include;
- In-house training and support towards professional qualifications including study days, guidance and costs.
- Lunch and learns – work related and non work related topics i.e. local companies come in to chat about their offerings including recently The Soil Farm, nutritionists and mental health specialists.
- The ability to work in a range of different sectors as you develop and find what pathway interests you the most.
- Competitive pay, holiday allowance, discretional bonus and the 4 week paid sabbatical at the end of the 3 year programme.
- An active sports and social calendar which motivates and encourages you to try new activities.
We still have a space available for you to start your career with us in September 2023. You can find out more about what the programme offers by visiting our website www.aspidagroup.com/advisory-trainee-programme.