Data Protection – Registration and Renewal Reminder
The ODPA has released its annual reminder that the window for renewing or making new registrations is now open for 2023. The window closes at the end of February.
For the 2023 registration you will have to indicate what sector you operate in. These sectors can be found in the States of Guernsey’s “Classification Codes for Economic Sectors.”
New organisations who are not sure if they need to register should ask whether:
- You (whether you are a sole trader, organisation, business, charity, landlord, business association etc.) are established in the Bailiwick of Guernsey.
- You are working with personal data (i.e. any information that may identify individual people, such as your staff members, your clients, your business contacts, your service users, your tenants etc.)
- The activity you are performing is not part of your personal/household affairs.
If yes, then the organisation is required to register with the ODPA.
The annual registration fee is based on the number of full-time equivalent staff in an organisation and is unchanged from last year. The fees are as follows:
- £2000 per year for businesses with 50 or more full time equivalent staff
- £50 per year for all other entities
- Charities and non-profit organisations can register free of charge
With support and advice available for board meeting management, maintenance and safekeeping of the statutory records through to anti-financial crime guidance and how to be cyber resilient Aspida are well positioned to support you with ensuring your business remains compliant with the data protection obligations. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
How can we best crystalise risk? Our Business Analyst and Corporate Governance Professional Jessica Regnard provides an insight into understanding and enhancing your Operational Resilience and how we can best create resilient businesses in todays environment.
Over the past couple of years we have seen the shift in business culture of more focus on core operations and the services they best …