We are looking for an experienced Associate Director to join our growing team. You will need to be adaptable, approachable, a clear communicator and client focused.
Job Purpose: To support the Head of Regulated Services with the management of the fiduciary business; and to complete all assigned tasks and processes, operating within established Policies, Procedures and Control alongside managing the fiduciary team, providing technical support and guidance and, where required, lead responsibility for fiduciary projects.
Legal and Regulatory duties:
• Under guidance from the Board, Committees of the Board assist the Head of Regulated services in the drafting & maintenance of Policies, Procedures and Controls.
• Act as a member of the Client Business Committee in line with its Terms of Reference.
• Act as a member of the Regulated Executive Committee in line with its Terms of Reference.
• Assist in ensuring adherence to all regulatory and statutory reporting requirements and deadlines.
• Actively support roll out of strategic business objectives, including business development efforts, especially on-boarding.
• To act as an Authorised Signatory (“A “signatory), which includes signing off agreements and other legal documents and make appropriate fiduciary decisions.
• Provide feedback to and assist with regards to the Business Risk Assessments of the fiduciary business.
• Utilising systems to provide automated reporting and optimisation with Acumen and other core systems.
• Assist in providing accurate and reliable management information and reporting to the Board and the Board appointed Committees.
• Identification and management of operational risk within the fiduciary area and escalation of any issues or concerns relating to operational issues or practices.
Team management duties:
• Ensure that team objectives and performance align to meet business strategic objectives and performance, maintaining an active interest in its day-to-day operation.
• Day to day management of the fiduciary team ensuring collaboration and teamwork escalating, as required.
• Motivate and mentor staff, leading in a manner which actively engages them, aiding results and developing organisational culture.
• Responsibility for the appraisal process for all direct reports.
• Provide ongoing training and technical support to employees in relation to policies, Procedures and controls ensuring that employees fully understand them and their own individual responsibilities for adherence.
• Ensure the fiduciary team complete ongoing client reviews (AML, Fiduciary and post-onboarding) in accordance with agreed timeframes.
• Ensure consistent Client services are provided in a professional manner in line with policies, procedures and controls.
• Act as the escalation point for the team and, to support to team in minimising client complaints.
• Maximise client profitability and manage team in a way that encourages client retention and growth.
• Monitor fee income, chargeability and recoverability and outstanding tasks for the team, ensuring targets are met.
• Ensure that timesheets are completed on a daily basis, with quality information provided.
• Automating processes and deliverables, while assessing the best systems to use for automation.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
• Time recorded electronically on a daily basis.
• To contribute towards the team’s overall utilisation target of > 60%.
• Ensure reporting lines meet their respective individual utilization targets.
• Ensure team review points are being cleared within 30 days of being raised.
• Ensure reporting lines meet debtors’ targets to ensure full recoverability.
• Ensure team filing deadlines are met.
• Achievement of annual CPD target.
Experience and Skills
• Significant previous experience of a similar role in a financial services business (10+ years).
• A relevant professional qualification.
• Experience of management roles and dealing with senior stakeholders.
• A proactive and organised approach, with the ability to assign and delegate workloads to members of staff.
• Methodical with a strong attention to detail.
• A strong communicator.
• Experience dealing with key stakeholders and senior business figures.
• Works well under pressure, independently, effectively prioritise, manage time & workload to meet clients’ needs.
For more information on this job role, please contact our Head of People and Culture Matt Roland on 01481 741900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org